Criminal Record Services
This is the most accurate, up-to-date and legally-compliant method of searching. We can search any county nationwide. This search is performed at the county level and returns felony (more serious crimes) and misdemeanor (less serious offenses) records that are filed in the county and municipal court(s).
Field agents or researchers perform the searches using the public access system available. Public access systems include computer terminals, index books or index cards. In some states, public access is not available and the court clerks perform the searches. All searches cover at least the past 7 years; clients can request 10 years and often do.
The result will indicate that no record was found, or provide the information of any records located. Record information generally includes the case number, offense and file dates, charge and charge level, disposition date, disposition and sentence. All records will also indicate the identifiers found on each case. The name on file will be provided as well as the date of birth and/or social security number on file. In the case of a name match only, we will provide the address, physical description and/or license number on file, if available.
Types of Searches Include:
County Criminal Records Search
- Performed at County Courts by trained field agents, these searches return felony and misdemeanor criminal records for the previous seven years. Additional years may be requested. All U.S. courts available.
Statewide Criminal Records Search
- Performed at a centralized state repository (where available), these checks may include information from Administrative Offices of Courts, Departments of Corrections, or Departments of Public Safety. Select state availability.
National Criminal Records Search
- Covering 48 states, this searches a compilation of criminal data from Administrative Offices of Courts, Departments of Public Safety, Departments of Corrections and Sex Offender Registries. All records will be verified at the court before release.
- This national search provides name(s) and addresses associated with an SSN. Also identifies AKAs (Also Known As).
Sex Offender Registry Search
- National check of the U.S. Dept. of Justice’s Sex Offender Database. State-specific searches provide details of searches of the single or multiple states selected.
Federal Criminal Records Search
- Performed at Federal District Courts by trained field agents, these searches return felony and misdemeanor criminal records for the previous seven years. Criminal records found in District Courts cover Federal charges, including, but not limited to tax law violations, immigration offenses, embezzlement, terrorism, interstate drug crimes and civil rights violations. All U.S. courts available.
Civil Records Search
- Performed at County or Federal Civil Courts by trained field agents, these searches return lawsuits filed against an individual or company.